Registration Date and Book Closing Information
If this is a new registration application, the date the completed application is postmarked or hand delivered to a driver’s license office, a voter registration agency, an armed forces recruitment office, the Division of Elections, or the office of any Supervisor of Elections in the state will be your registration date. If this is a new Florida application, you must be registered for at least 29 days before you can vote in an election. If your application is complete and you are qualified as a voter, a voter information card will be mailed to you.
Election Dates for 2024
- Presidential Preference Primary Election – March 19, 2024
- Primary Election – August 20, 2024
- General Election – November 5, 2024
Deadline to Register (Book Closing)
- Presidential Preference Primary Election: February 20, 2024
- Primary Election: July 22, 2024
- General Election: October 7, 2024
Vote-by-Mail Ballot Request and Return Deadlines
The deadline to request that a vote-by-mail ballot be mailed is no later than 5:00 p.m. (local time) on the 10th day before the election. The deadlines for 2024 are:
- Presidential Preference Primary Election: March 9
- Primary Election: August 10
- General Election: October 26
The deadline for a vote-by-mail ballot to be returned and received is no later than 7:00 p.m. (local time) on Election Day.
Early Voting Period
- Presidential Preference Primary Election: March 9 – 17
- Primary Election: August 10 - 18
- General Election: October 21 - November 3
Form information on how to become a candidate click here.