Broward County Supervisor of Elections Announces Presidental Preference Primary and Municipal Elections Details
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida – The Broward County Supervisor of Elections reminds all Broward voters that the Presidential Preference Primary and Municipal Elections will take place on March 17, 2020. The following Municipalities will conduct elections on March 17, 2020:
- ·Town of Lauderdale-By-The-Sea - Mayor
- Candidates: John A. Graziano & Chris Vincent
- City of Lighthouse Point - Mayor
- Candidates: Everett Marshall III & Glenn Troast
- City of Pembroke Pines - Mayor
- Candidates: Angelo Castillo & Frank C. Ortis
- City of Pembroke Pines - Commissioner District 2
- Candidates: Mark P. O’Loughlin & Jay D. Schwartz
- City of Pompano Beach
- Question 1: “Change Municipal Election Dates, Extend Current Terms”
- Question 2: “Commissioner Terms of Office”
- Question 3: “Stagger Terms”
In advance of election day, requested Vote-by-Mail ballots for the Presidential Preference Primary and Municipal Elections will be mailed to voters on January 31 and February 7, 2020 for overseas and domestic ballots, respectively.
Approximately 144,000 domestic requests have been made for Vote-by-Mail ballots as well as about 3,000 requests for ballots from overseas voters. Voters wanting to vote by mail must request a ballot no later than March 7, 2020. Please sign your Vote-by-Mail ballot before mailing. All Vote-by- Mail ballots must be received by 7:00 p.m. on election day.
The Presidential Preference Primary is a closed election and only those Broward voters registered Democrat or Republican will receive a ballot for that election. However, the municipal elections are nonpartisan and all resident voters who have requested a ballot in those municipalities will receive one.
Important Dates and Information
- New voters must be registered by Monday, February 18, 2020 for the elections held on March 17, 2020.
- Early voting will be available from March 7, 2020 – March 15, 2020 from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.
- Election Day is Tuesday, March 17, 2020 from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Broward Governmental Center • 115 South Andrews Avenue, Room 102 • Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33301 • 954-712-1951